Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Annual Cashmer Visit

Our good friends Bri and Kyle came a couple of weekends ago with their two kids, Rowan and Kellan. It has become a tradition for us to go to their house in the summer and they come here in the winter; since Kyle is a golf pro it just makes more sense to do it this way! (see their last winter visit here.)  I didn't take nearly enough pictures this time while they were here, but we got a few of the kids and that is good enough!  The kids all played SO well together.  The three girls had a blast and with the exception of a few peeps from Kellan we hardly knew he was here because he was such a good baby! Bri was able to take a half day on Friday and so they got here much earlier than they normally do.  They were here by 6:30pm, so we ate dinner and had a few drinks, the kids played, we visited and then got all the kids down for the night.  Norah had her first sleepover in her room.  We made up a little bed for Rowan on the floor and the two of them slept in Norah's room.  It took them both a little bit to fall asleep the first night, and Norah got out of her bed a few times to check on Rowan (actually it was more like she got right in her face to see if she was still awake :)), but I was able to see her on the monitor, so I headed upstairs to tell her it was time for bed.  After two times of going up there, they fell asleep all night.  On Saturday, the girls all played so hard all day!  We went upstairs, played in Hazel's bedroom and played in the basement.  Bri and I even got out of the house for an hour to go to Peebles and the fruit market.  We had a delicious steak dinner and potatoes with a tomato, basil and mozzarella salad, that I should mention Bri, Kyle and Drew all made while I was giving baths and cutting hair (Rowan also had her annual haircut by Auntie Steph).  We all ate dinner together and on Saturday night the girls had NO problem falling asleep in the same room.  I think they may have said one thing to each other and then they were out.  It was a great weekend and so many more memories made! We can't wait to head down their way in a couple months!
Rowan loved playing with Hazel.  I think Hazel was just excited to have someone paying attention to her.  Norah is still in that "I'm the big sister and don't have to play with you" mode.

Lots of lovin'

Hazel and Kellan just hanging out!  

Kellan Wayne
Such a sweetie baby!


Can't wait for them to grow up together with lots of memories of our annual get togethers.

No comments: