We had a non-stress test today and everything on the test looked great. The baby looked wonderful and was very active. When we first got to the hospital my blood pressure was elevated slightly, so they wanted to monitor me for awhile. I also had a little protein in my urine, so Dr. Krohn wanted us to wait to get the test results back from my 24 hour urine analysis. They begin to get worried when the protein is above 500 and mine was only at 180 something, so that seemed to be fine. The longer I was monitored and relaxed, my blood pressure went down to pretty near perfect. However, Dr. Krohn felt that my blood pressure seems to be spiking when I am active and up and about, so she ordered me to strict bedrest, except to use the restroom. I felt a little confused about the 'diagnosis', but the nurse just said that if it gets out of control while I am up and moving around then it can become uncontrollable. Obviously, we want what is going to keep the baby and me the most healthy, so here I sit on bedrest for the next few days. We are going to relax this weekend and if nothing happens between now and Monday we will see Dr. Krohn on Monday and then have another non-stress test. Then, decisions will be made from there! I am still feeling great and Drew is doing a great job of taking care of me, not that I would expect any less! He is the BEST!!!!! We will keep everyone updated with either baby news or further diagnosis news!!!
P.S. The ticker at the top of our page is a liar!!! :) Ha! I am going to keep it up though until Baby B arrives!




No comments:
Post a Comment