Well, our due date is tomorrow and it looks as though it is going to come and go with no action. We had our dr. appt. today and there has been absolutely no change from 2 weeks ago. I am still only 1 cm and have not thinned out anymore. As if that wasn't discouraging enough, my blood pressure was high today and Dr. Krohn was slightly concerned. I have to do a 24 hour urine analysis, starting tomorrow, and then get the results back on Friday. If there is protein in my urine or if the test indicates that I have early signs of preclampsia, then Dr. Krohn indicated she would have to induce me, possibly this weekend. If the urine analysis comes back okay, then I will get monitored twice next week with a non-stress test and we will go from there. I am obviously concerned about my blood pressure now and just hope that everything turns out okay. I know it will, it is just a little scary. Dr. Krohn said we have a stubborn one on our hands here, so it must be a boy! :) Ha! We will find out soon enough!
40 weeks and counting

I don't know why this made me laugh so much! For those that don't know the story, Doug and Janis have provided this Polaroid camera for each grandchild and we have to take a picture of the baby every week for the first month and then once a month for every month until they are a year old. Then, at the end of the year, they have a great baby book to look back on. (I think those are the rules! :) I better check!) Anyway, the first picture for the baby book is a picture of me still pregnant, so we took that tonight. I don't know why I found it so hilarious seeing Drew with this HUGE camera pointed at me, but it had me laughing for a good minute. Just funny how technology has evolved, thank goodness! :)
6 comments:
Hang in there guys! Your little one will arrive when it's good and ready! However, we are starting to get a little impatient! Everytime the phone rings I wonder if you are in labor! Love the picture of Drew...priceless! I think that should be included in the little album!
I have to argue with the stubborn one being a boy theory. My girl is WAY more stubborn than my boy :) Can't wait to hear the news...whenever it may come!
Hang in there! (I know it feels like literally!) I will try not to text you everyday, Drew, but I'm just so excited! We just can't wait! Glad to see you are getting the hang of that camera. Just wait until your little one is moving around and you have to take their picture. You will really appreciate how far technology has come!! Try to relax and enjoy these last few quiet moments!!! Love you guys!!!
Oh, by the way, it's a picture every week for the first year!! I remember it well!!! It's so much fun looking back at the pictures! You will really enjoy it!
I can't relate (because my daughter was 9 days early) but I wish and pray for you NOT to be induced and I wish and pray for you NOT to have a c-section. Your little one will hopefully let you know when it's time for him/her to come out! Until then, relax and enjoy this time. It will be over before you know it!
You look adorable Stephanie! I can't wait to start getting the pictures so I can start our 6th picture book. Will it be a blue one or a pink one????????
Post a Comment