Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pancakes and Prima Ballerina

Hazel has officially given up baby food. I have packed up all of her 'jar' food to give away to our little buddy Bresnan who will be starting baby food soon. Apparently, Hazel is more of a 'big people food' eater. She loves pancakes, cooked carrots, green beans, watermelon, peaches, pears, bread (she eats the slimwich bread like it is going out of style) and she has even started having grilled cheese for dinner! I know, crazy! But, she is a great eater and is still drinking her bottles like crazy, but won't eat anything you try to feed her on a spoon. She is a bit stubborn and wants to do it herself. Hey, more power to ya girl! Norah continues to be smitten with her ballet dancing and I managed to capture a few shots of her the other night. She loves either listening to The Fresh Beat Band cd she has, which is a little more up tempo and requires a little more 'hip hop' moves or we recently found a George Winston cd we had around that has lots of ballet type music on it. That, combined with her ballet shirt/tutu and her new chevron leg warmers and we had ourselves a little mini dance recital right in Hazel's bedroom. I could watch her all night!
This was her first time trying pancakes.  She loved them, and come to think of it, she ate two whole pancakes for breakfast this morning!

The start of her ballet session

This one just totally cracks me up.  The words she is singing are "JUST LIKE A ROCK STAR, HEY, HEY, HEY".  Why wouldn't those lyrics call for a fist pump in the air!?

I told her a while back that she needs to keep her eyes open when she dances so she doesn't run into anything.  I guess the emotion is just too much for her, she must close her eyes!

Love these next two silhouettes!

Once again, fist pump!  That seems to be a favorite move!

Uh-oh!  Prima ballerina in distress.  I can't remember what she was throwing a fit about here, but even ballerinas are allowed to have a meltdown!

I can't wait for her to start dance in the fall.  I'm pretty sure she is ready! :)

No comments: