Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

Kind of, anyway! We have had some nice weather and some not so nice weather. We had a few hot days and now it has been chilly and rainy again. We did have the chance last weekend to go and purchase some bushes and flowers for around our deck and Drew did all the hard work and planted them. They look great! The girls enjoyed being outside, helping and watching. I only have 5 more days of school left with students! I just can't believe the school year is over. I am looking forward to this summer at home. It is going to be an active one!
Norah getting ready with her pig watering can to help Daddy plant some flowers.  And of course, a snack in hand!

Hazel watching all the action from the deck.  Even though it is spring, it is spring in Michigan, so  it was a bit chilly!  

And as you can see, Hazel was not thrilled with her hat.  I loved all these pictures, I couldn't choose just one!

Love this face!




























 We headed to my parents house for a cookout last weekend because my Aunt and Uncle were in town from Florida.  It was great to see them.  I can't wait until their kids are home with them this summer.  Hazel and Sophie are going to have fun playing together!

Aunt Carol and Hazey

Such a little Mommy, taking such good care of Julie!

Such a sweet picture of Uncle Jimmy and Hazel

Hazel was not feeling very well at my parents' during the cookout.  She ended up staying home the next day with Daddy (lucky dog, got to cuddle all day).  She had an upper respiratory infection and was just stuffy and coughing.  Poor baby!

Once she was feeling better, we decided it was time to introduce the oh so popular "Puff".  She only gagged the first couple of times (and don't worry Mom, we broke them into pieces the first few days :) ), but she really has the hang of it now.  We still have to put them in her mouth for her, but she will have the hang of it soon, I'm sure!


Little Miss Norah became very interested in baby puffs again and now she feels the need to snack on them when Sissy is!
As you can see in this picture, Norah started to get the puffy eyes, runny nose and cough after Hazel got better.  She is starting to feel better now and is getting back to her old happy self!


This past Memorial Day weekend was a big weekend for Hazel.  She started the puffs and she is officially propelling herself forward, instead of rolling everywhere.  She was getting into drawers this weekend and knocking stuff over (puzzle rack).  I would say she is going to be crawling very soon.  We never really had to 'baby proof' with Norah because she was always content just playing with the toys around her.  I have a feeling Hazel is going to be a whole different story.  Stay tuned for more updates. 

2 comments:

The Hamilton's said...

Hazel,
That picture of you with your hat on smiling is priceless--those cheeks!!! I can't wait to kiss all over them when I see you this summer.

Aunt Jenn

The Hamilton's said...

I just noticed your shoes, too! I hope that your mommy told you that your cousin Emma wore those to your mommy and daddy's wedding! Love it!!!!

Aunt Jenn