We have had a couple of very busy and productive weeks. I am not sure what is going on with the girls, but both of them are reaching 'big girl' status in their own way! We started potty training Norah on Thursday of last week. We have been wanting to do this for awhile, but it only made sense for me to be out of school. Let me tell you, I don't know how parents do this while they are working. We had to stay around the house for 4 days straight to stay close to the potty, we had accidents and successes, and it is still definitely a work in progress. She has done wonderful going 'tinkle' on the potty, but refuses to go 'lumpies' on the potty. She went about 10 times right when Hazel was born and hasn't done it since. I know she will eventually get it, but for now we are still wearing diapers at nap and bedtime to help her out with this little issue. Now, on to Hazel. I am not quite sure what has happened the last couple of weeks, but she is just turning into such a big girl. She is army crawling all over the place, getting into everything, she has started feeding herself, which then turned into eating big people food, like cooked carrots, peas, bananas, and she even tried mashed potatoes the other day. It is so much fun seeing all of these changes and I am so glad I am home for the summer to see it all, but it is going to make for a crazy, busy summer chasing two wild ones around, but I will love every moment!
 |
| Big girl potty! |
 |
| The Loot......Skittles after a tinkle, and a Hershey Kiss after she fills a row on her potty chart. |
 |
| So proud after her first day of potty training! And yes, you see that right....we went tinkle 25 times on the first day. :) I think we were being a little overly anxious. But, Norah enjoyed all 25 Skittles and all 5 Hershey Kisses! |
 |
| Our first outing after potty training. We headed to brunch for Father's Day. I am pretty sure I was more nervous than she was. She did a great job and we almost made it through brunch with no accidents, but right before we left she drank a little more orange juice and that sent her over the edge! We whisked off to the bathroom, got cleaned up and we were good to go! No big deal! We are now a week into big girl underpants and she has been doing great. She even went to daycare yesterday and did great. She did have one little accident, but I would consider that a very successful day! |
 |
| We tried the 'net' with some carrots in it, but she didn't get much from it. She preferred to pick them up and eat them with her fingers. Which I am all for; much easier to clean her fingers than the net! She loves chewing things, so the chunks of food are right up her alley! |
 |
| Cruisin' around the house.....peek-a-boo |
 |
| Sisters :) |
 |
| And I had to share this collage. All I wanted was one nice picture of the two of them looking at me. Hazel was all about it for the first four pictures, then the red block showed up, just when Norah was ready to smile! Ha! |
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you, Norah!! I can't wait to see you girls in just a few short weeks!!! I'm so jealous that your cousin, Emma, gets to see you first. Hopefully you all save some kisses for your aunt Jenn!!! BTW---love the picture of Hazel eating out of the "net" and Norah looking on. You can see the pride on her face--so sweet!!!
Love, Hugs and kisses,
Aunt Jenn
Post a Comment