| Before the race....can you see the panic in my eyes? :) |
Sunday, May 29, 2011
What's That You Say.....5K?
Okay, so all of you that grew up with me or knew me growing up are chuckling to yourselves at the thought of me, Stephanie, running a 5K!! Well, all I have to say is na, na, na-na, na!!! :) Sorry, had to do it! That's right...Drew, Ashlie, and I ran the race and Mark did a great job walking the 5K pushing a double-stroller with two three-year olds in it (I have pushed that stroller,not an easy feat, I must say). Drew and I have been passing out the medals at the Pat Kellerman event for the past three years because Smith Dist. sponsors it every year. Last year I told him that I felt unworthy of giving all of these people their medals when I haven't done a thing!!! So, we vowed to make it a goal of ours to run it this year. I was so nervous the morning of I think I could have thrown up. We have been training, but ever since I got strep throat my training hasn't gone the best. I was definitely not feeling confident in my ability to finish this race. The morning was a little chilly, but perfect for running. It was overcast and just 'my type of day'! I am happy to report that all four of us finished WITHOUT STOPPING!!!! None of us quit running during the entire race. I am so proud of all of us. And in the words of Ashlie Brining, "Crap, now I know I can do it....that means I have to do it again!" Until next year......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Great job, Team Brining!!
I like the blog cameo by Mr. Kahler!
Post a Comment