Well, we made it through our first day back to work and daycare. There were many, many tears shed in bed last night and then I broke down as soon as I walked in the daycare this morning. We got Norah situated in her room and by the time we left she was playing on the playmat on the floor, smiling and kicking! That made it easy for me to walk out the door without an extra tear. Nancy, her caregiver, called me at about 11:00am and left a message on my phone to let me know she had a great morning, took a good nap and sucked down her entire bottle. I had a great day at work and have a fabulous class. I am really looking forward to this school year and all the fun stuff we are going to do. I picked Norah up at about 3:45pm and she was a little overstimulated, I think. She was just sort of staring up at the ceiling and wouldn't even look at me. There were just a lot of new noises and things going on. I know she will get used to it. By the time we were out in the car her eyes were closed and she was ready to sleep. We got home, snuggled for a bit, she slept, I unpacked all of her stuff, Drew snuggled and fed her while I ran to the store, dinner, bath, bottle, bed. That was our night! The only thing that made me so sad was we didn't have very much time with her from the time we got home to the time she went to bed. Thank goodness for weekends! We are really looking forward to this one!!!! Thanks for reading everyone and for the kind and encouraging words today! We really appreciate it!
 |
| Us before we leave for work and daycare!!! |
 |
| Daddy and Norah before her big day! |
 |
| Phew.......we made it!!! Both exhausted, snuggling on the couch! |
 |
| Daddy's turn to cuddle. This is how she was the rest of the night. She woke up, had a bath, ate and went to bed at 8:30pm. What a sweetheart! On to the next day...... |
2 comments:
Aw, I remember those days when you feel like all you're doing is feeding, bathing and sending to bed! :( When Sam was a bit older (right around a year), he dropped the daycare naps since there was so much going on there, and needed a nap as soon as he got home. So, our schedule was waking him up from his nap at around 6:45 so he could eat dinner and hang out with us for the night. I always thought it was funny because all of my SAHM friends were getting their kids ready for bed as my kid was waking up for dinner. :)
Happy to hear you both made it through the first day so well! You'll all have the hang of it in the next week!
So proud of you! I thought about you all day. I am glad all three of you made it through - I am sure it will take awhile to be totally adjusted to the change, but it will come with time. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment