Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Back to Reality

Well, I am sitting here tonight and can't help but think about the past 13 weeks that have past.  The time has gone so quickly.  I was putting Norah to bed tonight and sat in her rocker with her for a minute before I put her down.  I got all choked up thinking about the nights I spent in that chair trying to nurse her at midnight and how sleepy I was and how frustrating the whole experience was.  Then, I think about watching Drew sit in that rocker for the first time and read a story to her.  I think about all the mornings I got to spend with her while I was drinking my coffee and she was laying in her Boppy pillow right next to me, cooing and smiling.  I know these days are not over because I still have the weekends, but everything changes now.  It is time for the next chapter.....I'm not sure I am happy to embark on the next chapter, but I know we are going to be creating new memories.  Drew and I will get to spend the mornings together getting her ready, Norah is going to go to daycare and make lots of new friends, and I will get back to my job where I will have my other children to take care of.  We are so blessed and it has been such a remarkable 13 weeks and we just can't wait to see what the next many, many weeks brings in our lives!  

I know it has only been 13 weeks, but thought I would go back and reminisce already.



 












































2 comments:

The Hamilton's said...

Good luck tomorrow! We will be thinking of all of you!!! We love you!!!

Mark and Ashlie said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'm just down the hall if you need anything!