I really want a nice green color on the walls. Nothing pale or "fru-fru-y", so I found this color called Rosemary green from Benjamin Moore. I will have to get some samples and some other colors and test them on the wall, of course, but I am leaning toward this family of green.

This is the bedding I keep going back too. There is a green color dot in the bedding, so I would have to make sure the paint color doesn't clash. We will probably decide on the bedding first, order, then do paint! I didn't want anything with animals on it and I think this would be so cute for a boy or girl, which is important because we are not finding out what we are having.

Okay, I found this picture online of this nursery with the bedding I want. I FELL IN LOVE with the prints on the wall. They say "How Wonderful Life Is When You're In The World". I had to have them. I realize this may have been a premature purchase (and yes, I did purchase them), but they have so many colors in them that if something changes, I figured I would be able to use them no matter what! I am so excited to get them and I think they look adorable with the bedding. They also go well with the dark furniture, which is also what we want! Maybe we will just copy this whole nursery! :)

Here are the prints I ordered! Love, love, love them!!!!

I found out at my Christmas party that one of my students is an artist and sells paintings on Etsy (His Etsy shop is called connorsfunshop, if you would like to check out his other paintings). I had to have one. He was so excited when I purchased this original painting titled "Marble Jar". I told him it is probably going to have to go in the nursery. He was so excited. Now it just needs a frame!!!

The student above, his mom, also sells pillows on Etsy. If you would like to check them out you can go to http://www.etsy.com/ and search under sellers for dedeetsyshop. Her pillows are absolutely beautiful. Well, I found this quirky one with the owl on it and thought it was adorable. I love the bright pop of orange. I want little whimsical pieces in the nursery and I thought this would be a great way to start! I can't wait to get it!!!!

So those are my current ideas and purchases for the nursery. Drew told me this morning that after our friends Bri and Kyle come to stay with us in January he is getting started on the painting and nursery after that.....he said for selfish reasons (can anyone guess? :) ). He doesn't want to wait until the last minute when it is nice out to be putting the room together. So, I guess we will be getting started sooner, rather than later on the baby's room! Fine by me!




2 comments:
Stephanie, love your ideas!!!! So exciting to see them come together! Your wall hanging is beautiful and PERFECT!!! Can't wait to see the nursery come together. If Drew needs a painting partner let me know. I owe you one!!!!
So cute!! Thanks! Connow thought it was so cool!
Post a Comment