Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Breathing a sigh of relief

We had our second doctors appointment today. These past four weeks have been the longest four weeks of my life. I am (was :) ) still at that nervous stage where my first trimester isn't quite over and I can't feel anything, and I feel great so it seems impossible that everything could be okay. Well, everything is GREAT. We saw Dr. Krohn and she wasn't sure if we would be able to hear the heartbeat yet, so she did a quick ultrasound so we could see the heartbeat. It was so amazing to see this little "biscuit" inside of me. I can't believe how much it has changed since our first ultrasound; it's not just a little blob any more....we could see the head and the arms and the legs. It definitely resembled a baby!!! :) Once she was done with the ultrasound she wanted to give the Doppler a try and see if we could hear the heartbeat. She was searching around for a minute and all of a sudden there it was. I started crying, Drew got teary eyed (I will say that instead of crying) and we just sat and listened for a minute. I told Dr. Krohn I could not ask for a better Christmas gift. That is all I wanted, was to hear a healthy, strong heartbeat. And I got it! The heart rate was around 166, which Dr. Krohn said is right where it should be. I was just so excited to know that everything was okay too, because my pants no longer fit me and I was going to be very upset is that was the case just because I was eating too much! However, I have gained three pounds since the last appt. and I have a healthy baby growing inside of me, therefore my pants have a right to be tight! :) And I couldn't be happier about it.

Our next appt. is on January 20th! I told the Dr. that these next four weeks will be much more relaxed than the past four! We feel so blessed this Christmas season and now we can't wait to spend it with our family and friends and celebrate this wonderful occasion! We will post our 11 week belly picture as soon as we take it tonight!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

The Hamilton's said...

Relax! Remember, it's all in God's hands!

Tiff said...

Yay! So glad everytthing is going well. Even I got a little teary eyed reading about hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It's such an amazing, special moment.