Well, for those that have not heard I am now a 2nd grade teacher. This past week has been a whirlwind. I was a parapro last year, and then got hired as the Title 1 teacher the week before school started. So, I spent my first week of school trying to get together a Title 1 schedule. Then, come to find out, there were many more students that enrolled than were expected, so they had to add a couple teachers. I was one of those lucky people to get hired! I was originally told I was going to be teaching 3rd grade, which I was thrilled about because I previously taught 4th grade in Indiana. Well, there was a teacher that was involuntarily transferred to 2nd grade from 3rd grade and he really wanted to go back to 3rd grade, so that is exactly what he did, leaving me with his 2nd grade classroom. Here are a few pictures from my long weekend trying to get things set up. It is still a work in progress, but I am fortunate to know most of MY students (I love saying that!) because I worked with them last year as a parapro. This should be a pretty smooth and exciting transition. I will keep you updated on school happenings throughout the year! As for now, I am in for a crazy year!









3 comments:
Congratulations Stephanie! We are so proud of you. Watch out Greene school there are now 2 Mrs. Brining's to deal with!
Hey, 2nd grade teacher, congratulations!!! You look sooo happy in your pictures (Mrs. Cheezer.It looks like you have a beautiful class room. I love You!! Love, Janis
Congrats! You may have to hire Greg as your parapro if he can't get to England.
Post a Comment