Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a couple of days!

My first three days as a 2nd grade teacher have been INCREDIBLE! I seem to have an excellent class. Actually, I KNOW I have a wonderful class. We have already gotten some procedures down pat and they have been wonderful listeners and have really transitioned well with all of the changes. All of the staff has been incredibly supportive (especially, Mrs. Brining #1 :) ) I have just been at such ease the past few days, it is scary. It feels great to be back in my "niche" again and I hope this stability can last for awhile! Below are some pictures of "Meet the Teacher" night. I only had 10 out of my 20 parents show up, but I look forward to getting to know them all and welcoming them in our classroom! You will see the paper people we made for the parents! I found this idea on the Internet and just had to do it! I got so many compliments and the kids loved taking them home after their parents saw them!
This is what I saw walking into my classroom on my very first
day as a 2nd grade teacher. I knew it was going to be a great
morning!

Meet the Teacher (and our class!!!)

3 comments:

The Hamilton's said...

I love the paper people! What a great idea and a great keepsake for the parents! You are just so creative! I was thinking that if you had Olivia, would you have a piece of paper long enough?--I know, you use the paper rolls! Keep up the great work!!! Your students are very lucky to have you!!!

Love, The Hamilton's

Mark and Ashlie said...

Stephanie,

Your room looked great last night! It is so nice to have you in the same school as me! I wish we could see each other more during the day!

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephanie, You have to start warning me before I read your blog to have kleenex close by. The first part of the blog I teared up, then had to get up and go get a kleenex when I saw the sun rise picture and caption. I am so happy for you and proud of you, Mrs. Second grade teacher. I love you!! Love, Janis