June 21, 2014
Drew and I were very fortunate to go to Connecticut on the weekend of my birthday for a wonderful celebration. Our longtime friend from college, Dustin, was married to his beautiful fiance, Amy and we were there to help them celebrate! We left on Thursday morning around 6:30am. My parents had the girls for the entire weekend, so this was just a weekend getaway for the two of us. It ended up being about a 14 hour drive! It wasn't terrible, but the last hour or two were the worst part. Once we arrived on Thursday evening, we checked in and headed right to the little hotel restaurant for a bite to eat and a drink. A well deserved drink!
 |
| The ride was long, but very pretty. All I know is Pennsylvania is a very wiiidddeeee state! It took forever to get through it! |
 |
| I have never been so happy to see a state sign before! |
The next morning we were eating breakfast down in the hotel restaurant and Dustin's mom and dad came down and then his brother, Brandon and his wife, Annie. We all got to chatting and then Dustin arrived to get ready to leave with all the guys to golf. Dustin's mom, sister, and sister-in-law invited me to go with them for the day. They were going shopping and just walking around the little downtown in Westport! We had a wonderful time and I am so thankful they invited me along.
 |
| Ashley, Annie and I at the rehearsal dinner that night! |
On Saturday morning Drew and I had a chance to go back to the downtown area and have a wonderful brunch and just take in the sights! It was a beautiful way to spend the morning of my birthday and relax before the big wedding!
 |
| Across the river in Westport |
The wedding wasn't until 5 in the evening and it was right at the hotel. It was an absolutely beautiful evening!
 |
| This is Dustin's brother, Brandon, Amy's twin sister, Lauren, and the flower girl. |
 |
| Dustin's wedding party |
 |
| Here comes the bride! |
 |
| Rings! |
 |
I love this picture of the two of them. So in love! Congratulations Amy and Dustin! |
 |
Annie and I We were basically instant friends from the moment we met on Friday morning! Two very similar people! :) |
 |
| This was so hysterical! We were all taking our pictures in front of the arbor and then someone mentioned how funny it is that none of the men could fit under the arbor. We figured it was only appropriate that we take these pictures. |
 |
| Dustin had to get in on the action! |
 |
| Dustin and Amy's first dance |
It was a terrific weekend of celebrating and a great birthday weekend with just the two of us! I sure was excited to get home to these two goobers though!
 |
| They had a ton of fun helping Grandpa in his garden! |
 |
| So happy to be home! |
 |
| We missed them both so much! |
No comments:
Post a Comment