We had such a busy, busy week, but it was so much fun! It was wonderful spending lots of time with friends, family and eating (too much) delicious food! This has been a bitter sweet holiday because I head back to school on Monday. I just can't believe my maternity leave is over. I am excited to get back to my kids at school, but I am going to miss being at home with Hazel immensely. I am not sure I am ready for the chaos that is about to ensue. Luckily, I have an amazing hubby who is my partner in crime and we will just have to divide and conquer to make sure things run as smoothly as possible. And I just keep telling myself, just a few weeks back to work and then we get Christmas vacation, so I know we can do it! :)
We started the week with a visit with the Flanagans. Bryn and Norah had fun playing together and thought it would be a great idea to get in Hazel's crib for awhile! Wild girls!
 |
| Playing in Hazel's crib |
 |
| Norah and Bryn after a fun night of playing! |
 |
| One of my new favorite pictures of Hazel Bug! Such a sweet little face! |
 |
| Hazel had a little trial run at daycare on Wednesday. I didn't want my first day back to work to be the same day Hazel went to daycare for the first time and I wanted to be able to help Drew get both girls there for the first time. Of course I cried and just can't get over the fact that my maternity leave is already over. It just went too fast. I know Hazel will be in good hands though and she has Sissy right next door in the toddler room. Norah even got to go down to the baby room to visit Hazel for a little bit. |
 |
| This was the scene after both girls got home from daycare. I was worried Hazel was going to have a horrible night just from having such a busy, unfamiliar day. However, it was the total opposite. This is a picture of her at 5:00pm. She slept, and slept, and slept. I finally woke her up at 11:00pm because she had to eat something before bed. She ate a bottle, we got her jammies on, and she went back to sleep until 4:30am. She had a bottle and went right back to sleep and didn't get up until around 8:00am. Basically 15 hours of sleep! Crazy! Let's hope daycare treats us this well every day! :) |
 |
| Ready for Thanksgiving celebration #1! We spent the day at my parents house with lots of family, food and playing! This was the first time my aunt and cousins met Hazel, so it was a special night! |
 |
Cousin Love Norah and Thatcher playing the next morning! |
 |
| On Friday we were lucky to have a visitor. My friend Jamie from high school was in town and she just had a little boy, Caleb, six weeks ago. Hazel and Caleb are two weeks apart. It has been forever since I have seen Jamie, so it was wonderful to visit and get to meet her little man. And I think Caleb and Hazel had a good little bond going on! Aren't they cute!? |
 |
| Jamie and I with Caleb and Hazel |
 |
Thanksgiving #2 Papa playing with the girls and all the new blocks Grammy bought! |
 |
| The dress up clothes were a huge hit! Norah was hysterical walking around with this dress, hat and purse on. |
 |
| As you can see, the hat was a necessary accessory for dinner too! |
 |
| After spending the day at Grammy and Papa's we headed into town to watch the Christmas parade. |
 |
| Norah loved seeing all the lights, animals and finally getting to see Santa at the end of the parade. We hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving. |
No comments:
Post a Comment