Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

DIY

I have recently become addicted to a little thing called Pinterest (thanks Ashlie!).  I also have a slight obsession with a little blog called YoungHouseLove.  Drew will open the labtop every once in awhile and say, "Oh, surprise, surprise...YoungHouseLove."  They are this great do-it-yourself couple with wonderful ideas for around the house.  I have tried a few of the projects I have found on Pinterest and YoungHouseLove.  I wanted to share some of them with you and hopefully inspire you to try a couple DIY projects of your own.  (note:  Sorry this is gonna be a long post with lots of pics, but I wanted to share them all with you at once!)

Okay, so our basement is a work in progress (I will have more pictures in the next couple of days because there have been even more developments since this picture), but this is a project I saw on YHL.  See those cute chandeliers hanging?  They are made from wire fencing and clothespins from the dollar store!  All we had were bare bulbs hanging from the ceiling and we want a little cozier feeling down there.  I thought these would be perfect. 


Here is the one up close.  This one is a little different shape than the other ones.  I love how they turned out!!!!

These are the picture frames you will see in a couple days hanging on our basement walls!  The most exciting part about the frames is I got all five of them for $14 at The Sheltered Workshop (our version of Goodwill).  The mirror was $12 at "The Junk Shop" (as Ashlie calls it) here in town!

They were all mismatched and not looking so hot, but BAM!  A little spritz of spraypaint and voila!  Beautiful!

I got this little beauty at The Sheltered Workshop too!  Guess how much?  Guess!  Guess! 
Seven BUCKS!!!!  What a steal!


Isn't she pretty!!!!!!!!!????????????  This is also my new favorite spray paint color.  It is a color that Sherry at YHL is also obsessed with.  I tried it once and fell in love!
It's so pretty, and shiny, and metallic-y and yummy!!!  What a transformation!  You will also see pics of this in the basement in a couple days!

This is our bathroom window.  I used to have some wood blinds on these windows, but they didn't fit right and they felt too heavy.  They blocked out too much light in an already dark bathroom.  So I saw this idea on Pinterest.  This lady frosted her door window with contact paper.  It was a time consuming little project, but I love how it turned out!!!!



Just a little sign I printed, painted the frame, painted the mat and hung it in Norah's bathroom!

Little ribbon never hurt a lampshade!

Just wrote this out, printed some cute colored, hexagon paper and hung it on my picture wall!

Also found these on Pinterest, printed out, spray painted the frames and hung them in our bathroom!

Well, there you have it, SOME of my DIY projects lately!  Can you tell I have been bored! :)  Ha!  Not really, just realizing I have an interest in thrifting, revamping and adding to our house to help it become more of a home!!!!!! (Cheesy, I know :)  )

4 comments:

Mark and Ashlie said...

Your bathroom window is so cute! I love it! The lamp at sheltered workshop was also a great find! Can't wait to see those frames in action.

dedeetsyshop said...

I LOVE that blog too! I read it all the time! I can tell you about 1,000 decorating blogs that I read on a daily basis! :) Too time consuming, but so much fun! And you know how I love spray paint on a mirror or picture frame! Looks great!

TJ and Emily Polega said...

Wow, thanks for introducing me to YoungHouseLove. I am now addicted! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! :) Love your stuff, especially the bathroom window...how clever!

Renee said...

Still waiting on my exclusive invitation to pintrest...I'm on some sort of waiting list! What have you gotten me into?? Great to see you the other day! Look forward to seeing you in September :)