Well, I can't believe this is going to be my first Mother's Day. It is definitely long awaited and now that it is here, it has been a bit emotional. I have already received a few gifts that have made the upcoming day so special. My mom and dad surprised me the other day with a BODY PILLOW; let me tell you, I should have had one a long time ago. I have slept better the last two nights than I have in the past month. So, thank you mom and dad for making my life that much more comfortable!!! :) Mr. Breault's class also gave me a pot of flowers yesterday. On the pot it said, "Happy Mother's Day! See you in July!" So sweet! I have also had a few tearful moments the past week or so and just thought I would share.
I came home from work the other day and had had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! There was an envelope on the counter and Drew told me that I should open it. My Aunt Dinah was going through some pictures for my Aunt Poppy's birthday party and she came across the picture below. When I opened it I was expecting to see something like me when I was a little girl holding a baby doll or something close to that. I was not expecting to see my Grandma Baird and I when I was a baby. This is one of the most precious pictures I have ever seen of my Grandma and I. It is the first time I had ever seen it. I opened the envelope and just looked up at Drew and started sobbing. I said, "Is that my Grandma?" And that was all I could get out. He just came over and hugged me and that was that. The tears were flowing and ugly cry was in full effect! Somehow, somewhere someone knew that I needed this picture on this very day!

So then, I am watching tv the other day and of course the Mother's Day commercials are on every other channel. I couldn't help but get teary eyed during this one. I am sure you have all seen it by now, but I feel like it follows Drew's and my journey and our family to a T.
And finally, my Aunt, once again (she sure does now how to make a pregnant niece cry :) ) gave Drew a gift to give me for Mother's Day. Below is a picture of the card she made me and a poem she included in a picture frame. The picture frame has two spots in it and I can't wait for the baby's real footprint to be put in next to the poem! Thanks Aunt Dinah! We love it!


Now, you understand where all the tears are coming from!!!!
Happy Mother's Day everyone! I never realized how incredibly special and important this day is until now, now that I am a MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:
I love you honey! now YOU made ME cry!!! Aren't we pittiful! Happy Mother's Day - Only one week til the shower!!
Pass the Kleenex! Can't wait to meet your little one Momma!
Post a Comment