Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Magic of Editing

I am very excited because I am doing another photo shoot tomorrow. Shelly Shuart asked me to take pictures of Ben and Sophie while the leaves are still nice and bright. I was thrilled when she asked me and I am really looking forward to our photo shoot tomorrow. I hope I can get some good ones.


When I knew I was doing this I started looking at pictures and things online and I realized how much editing photos can really help capture the essence of emotion even more in pictures. I know you have all seen the following photos (Erin, I hope you don't mind me using your family again! And Ashlie, you are used to me using Audrey and Lilly as my test subjects....so thank you!!!! :) ), but I edited a few and just wanted to share them. If you have any thoughts about whether I am making the photos "glow" too much or editing them too far, please share with me. I am open to suggestions! I want to make my photos the best they can be. I do think that the amount of glow and editing though, sometimes is a personal preference! Don't be afraid to share you opinions though! Thanks for looking!



























2 comments:

Mark and Ashlie said...

I love the editing! Can you send me a copy of those (the larger JPEG) so I can get them printed...or could you upload them to shutterfly so I can print them from there? Thanks Steph-great work!

erin said...

I'm obsessed with messing with all of my pics! Looks great! If you have ANY questions on any specific styles, let me know...I've been immersed in Photoshop for years :) Also, a good site to reference that has great tutorials is http://www.photoshopessentials.com/