Hello Everyone,
St. Louis is absolutely beautiful! The St. Louis arch is something like I have never seen before. It is so amazing and majestic and truly an architectual masterpiece. I told Mom, Dad, and Drew that it is so nice to finally have something to take pictures of besides cows and corn (that's what Drew said! :) ). The shear magnitude of the height and size is incredible. I never realized that you could actually take a "cart" up to the top of the arch and look out windows at the top. We have not mustered up the courage to do this yet and I am not sure the courage will ever appear. I basically have a panic attack just standing next to the thing, let alone going up inside in some closed in cart with no windows and then getting to the top and having to lean OUT to see out the windows. Yikes, I am sweating just thinking about it. Some guy told us in the elevator today though, "Look at it this way, that thing has been there are very long time and they haven't killed anybody yet!" Ha, yeah, well there is a first time for everything. Stay tuned for the amazing pictures of St. Louis, the arch, and to find out if we decided it was a good idea or not to put our lives on the line just to "say we did it" by going to the top!!!!!!!




4 comments:
Just do it--you will never regret it, but you might regret not doing it. We had a great day at Woodstock-Bethel Woods today.
Hey, if I can ride that needle thing that shoots to the top of that tower (and it's all outside) in Las Vegas, you can do it. Of course, I think I messed my pants on the way up, but when I got past the screaming and finally opened my eyes...oh, the beauty of the lights is something I will never forget. JUST DO IT!!!!!
Love, Jenn
Oh my gosh...do it! It is such an awesome view. Just beware, the "clicking" of the car on the way up is normal...they have to rotate it on the way up so your seat doesn't end up sideways :)
Erica & I did it and proceeded to call Anita from the top of the arch. Quite random. Is that Erin Oglenski?
Post a Comment