As I sat in my classroom with all of my second graders yesterday, I couldn't help but think about how their futures are going to be affected by what was happening on the television screen. I hope that they keep the memory of yesterday and watching the inauguration in our classroom for a very long time. I kept telling them that they may not realize completely what was going on, but someday they would understand. One of my little boys said, "Oh, I understand Mrs. Brining. We are watching history in the making." I couldn't help but tear up. I feel so grateful to have had a classroom of my own this year and be able to share this turning point in history with 21 other little people. How fantastic!

Watching Barack Obama on the big screen!



When they asked everyone to stand as the President was about to say the oath, my students stood up too! They wanted to be just as respectful and they were really in the moment!
1 comment:
As I sit here reading this with tears bursting from my eyes, Dad & I just wanted to let you know how very proud we are and so happy that you were able to share this historic event with your 21 little people. Rock on, Mrs. Brining! Love Mom & Dad
Post a Comment